Whether you are a Landlord or Tenant, you want certainty. You don’t want to risk being thrown out or having your tenant vacate on a months notice. The following are some of the key points:
1. Is your Lease current?
2. Is it the right Lease for your situation eg a Commercial or Retail Shop Lease?
3. Is it properly executed by the all parties (including Guarantors)?
4. When does the Lease expire?
5. Is there an option to renew?
- How and when is notice to be given to exercise the option?
7. Have you made a note of that date in your diary?
8. Does the Lease need to be registered?