Contesting a Will

Sometimes a person may feel as though they have been wrongly or inadvertently left out of someone’s Will (usually a parent, spouse or partner).

In certain circumstances one may be able to successfully contest a Will so that the Court will order that provision be made from the estate for the aggrieved person. Merely because a child has been left out of a parents Will it does not automatically mean that they will be successful. They may already have been adequately provided for during the parents lifetime or there may be some specific reason as to why provision was not made for them in the Will. If you feel that you may have a right to claim on another’s estate please contact us. We will advise you whether you have a legal claim against the estate of another. Strict time limits apply if you intend to contest a persons Will.

Please contact us if we can be of assistance.