Most small businesses operate from leased premises. If you choose to rent your business premises, it is vital to be familiar with both the business and legal aspects of such an arrangement.
How McLaughlin & Associates Will Help You
We will be able to:
- Search the Title and find out whether a Mortgagee’s consent to the lease is needed.
- Check with authorities to determine whether your proposed use of the premise is permitted or whether you need to apply for any permits.
- Advise you as to whether the Retail Shop Leases Act or the Residential Tenancies Act apply and if so what the consequences are.
- Advise you of the obligations under the Lease.
- Assist you to negotiate the best possible terms of the Lease with the Lessor.